While contingent workers have always been an important and active part of the workforce, in recent years, their demand has surged due to changes in the job market and economy, including the shift to more hybrid and remote work. With this evolution, both businesses and the workers themselves have struggled with the conventional management model, which is structured to support direct hires.
To stay productive (and profitable) in the new business landscape, organizations must rethink their contingent workforce management (CWM) approach. One comprehensive end-to-end solution that addresses CWM is IMProve® Managed Services, a component of the CWMaaS by Impact Workforce Solutions and an innovative tool that takes CWM to the next level.
IMProve creates work environments employees want
Today’s contingent workers understand their value and are looking for the same opportunities as core employees, including job satisfaction, engagement, career development, and flexibility. If these aren’t available to them, contingent workers are more likely to look elsewhere, leaving businesses scrambling to find new talent.
To meet these expectations, organizations must change how they view and engage with these workers, no longer thinking of them as secondary to their core workforce — with a system in place to both address their needs and support the procurement, hiring, and performance process.
IMProve was designed specifically with these requirements in mind and provides a comprehensive contingent workforce management solution that includes:
- Staffing agency resource management
- Alignment and execution of contingent workforce strategy
- Standardized screening, hiring, and onboarding processes
- Contingent employee performance measurement
- Visibility into workforce data with actionable analytics and reporting
- Direct workforce communication and engagement tools, taking the burden off on-site HR
An end-to-end solution
Mired in high-priority projects and tight deadlines, employers are realizing the historical temp-to-perm solution no longer meets their needs and are seeking a more strategic, consultative, and comprehensive alternative.
Companies do not have the time or resources to start from scratch every time an urgent need arises and are looking to speed through the hiring and onboarding process, reducing both time-to-hire and the need for intensive training when critical work needs to be completed as quickly as possible.
Moreover, as market conditions and business priorities continue to fluctuate, workforce agility has become a top priority. Organizations want the flexibility to scale their teams up and down with ease, adapting the size of their workforce around specific projects and other external factors.
The key to promoting these business objectives is an end-to-end solution that takes control of the entire process — from hiring to project completion. IMProve provides all the tools employers need, including:
- Talent acquisition
- Job orders and requisition management
- Performance management
- Compliance and governance
- Centralized financial and accounting controls
- Performance analytics
CWMaaS — a modern workforce solution
IMProve is an important component of the contingent workforce management as a service (CWMaaS) solution provided by Impact Workforce Solutions, which also includes:
- Core2®, the ultimate employer of record (EOR) solution that is far more than just payroll and compliance management. Retention- and engagement-driven, Core2 extends your corporate culture to include your contingent workers, bringing them closer to your core workforce and improving their quality of work, quality of life, and productivity.
- Clarity®, an innovative approach to vendor management to support the contingent workforce — simple to use, focused, and effective.