Impact Workforce Solutions is hiring for a IT Technician in Lenexa, KS. Impact is proud to offer an industry leading benefits and wellness package, with eligibility for some programs beginning Day 1!
Our positions are full-time, year-around employment with paid training. We offer:
- 5 Days of PTO
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Up to 50% of health insurance premiums paid by Impact
- Access to a retirement plan, financial fitness, and employee savings programs
Pay starting at $21 / hr.
IT TECHNICIAN BASIC FUNCTIONs:
- Installs and supports products, processes and hardware related to execution of supported Customer’s daily business operation.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Understands the business processes supported by the operational unit and the critical applications related to them.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with business customers and to respond appropriately to shifting business conditions.
- Supports the project management policies, practices, and methodology of the organization. Adheres to operational standards when it comes to reporting, monitoring, troubleshooting, and documenting issues.
- Participates as a key member of local project teams including system upgrades and other local IT Field Operations initiatives; participates actively in larger scale field-wide projects.
- Develops time estimates for multiple tasks, monitors progress, and provides accurate and timely reports.
- Analyzes and resolves incidents and problems of medium complexity ensuring ARs are updated accurately and in a timely manner. Provides assistance to others as needed. Facilitates communication with IT teams and vendors to resolve local incidents and problems; provides technical guidance to local users to circumvent future occurrences. Participates in turnover meetings.
- Takes corrective action and/or escalates concerns to ensure timely client recovery.
- Assesses issues and recommends solutions.
- Identifies trends to prevent problems and escalate accordingly to resolve.
- Performs installation, customization, implementation, and maintenance of operations and PC LAN related equipment involving physical exertion or lifting up to 50lbs of material, tools, equipment or machines. Provides assistance to others as needed.
- Provides technical support for issues of medium to high complexity, including installation, set-up, maintaining, cabling and replacing of all standard PC/LAN systems.
- Performs other related tasks as assigned.
- Technical Institute/Associate Degree in Computer Science or Info Systems; equivalent formal training
- Proficient aptitude for logical thinking and analytical processes
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal and sharing of ideas
- Strong partnering and teamwork skills
- Customer focus
- Performs assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Proficient knowledge of PC / LAN hardware troubleshooting and basic knowledge of workstation software
- Proficient knowledge of Windows networking and operating system
- Proficient knowledge of Unix operating systems
- Ability to use Change Control and Problem Management software.
• Proven work experience or demonstrated knowledge with IT support, PC/LAN and other related hardware/software
Thank you for your interest in Impact Workforce Solutions, we are proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and participate in the E-Verify eligibility confirmation program.